Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Smile!

I just couldn't resist this beautiful and oh-so-clever Japanese bowl set that I got in NY. The top is wooden and the bottom bowl is ceramic. I am assuming it is intended for rice and miso soup from the drawing on the packaging - there's no English translation anywhere.  I thought it would be perfect for my picky daughter who will refuse to eat most vegetables, but loves rice and dal, the 'child food' of most Indian households. She smiles that she has gotten away eating 'only rice and dal' having no idea that it's got tomatoes, zucchini, pumpkin, and a whole bunch of garlic in it. And I have to smile too.

8 comments:

GB said...

:) From this angle it looks like a wooden lego head! Can you tell I'm plagued with legos?

Wee Gallery said...

Haha it does look like a lego head! It would look adorable in bright lego colours..

La Chili said...

Loved the plate and l will look for some Dal' recipe because it looks delicius.

Wee Gallery said...

La Chili - this looks like a pretty good recipe - http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/moong-dal/Detail.aspx
If the cooked lentil mixture is too thick I add water to make it the consistency of a thick soup.

Sheau said...

it's quite adorable. great find. : )

Unknown said...

that's so smart to add vegetables to dal. I never would have thought of it but I am so stealing your idea. Love the bowl. Do you steam the vegetables or sautee them?

Wee Gallery said...

I was lazy and just added them to the pot while cooking the dal. I'm sure the vegs would taste even better steamed or sauteed and then added...

susiemey said...

oh, love the bowl set! can't wait to start feeding my almost-on-solids-baby daal!

susan
www.susiemey.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails